interesting how the answers change as the men get younger
and they call OUR generation lost
I was hating this until the end
I’m gonna reblog again cause this shit is important. my mom is a rape victim and she’s been married twice and she’s the strongest woman I know. rape shouldn’t be a deal breaker, that’s ridiculous.
On May 29, they became co-champions of an especially hard-fought Scripps National Spelling Bee.
In the past few years, the 89-year-old competition has seen a striking pattern in which Indian-American contestants have lifted the winner’s trophy eight consecutive times and in 13 of the past 17 outings. Their streak feeds into years of conversation around race, achievement and immigrant success — all tied to problematic notions of what it means to be “American.”
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
DM: “He stammers, ‘I promise, I won’t say a word!!’”
Fighter: “Insight check…” (rolls) “14?”
DM: “He’s going to say so many words.”
Sigh, Okay so you all may have seen my updates on my post wisdom teeth surgery. You all helped me gain money to take them out and it was a successful surgery and I’ve had NO MORE PAIN in my mouth so just bless.
HOWEVER, after I’ve gotten them out I’ve noticed some extreme…
Hey everyone, I know I’m a little over a week late posting these. But when I checked twitter and saw what happened to one of my favorite musicians, bloodorangeforever, at the popular lollapalooza festival, I was absolutely outraged.
Shame on you, Lollapalooza. Way to continue the institutionalized racism everyone faces every day!! wOW I can’t wait to never attend your festival, end of story.
And shame on you, Wall Street Journal, for misquoting Dev’s tweets to make him sound less well-spoken, to illicit that well-known response in people that he’s just ‘another uneducated thug.’ (not their words, but the words of many non-black people about black men currently)
DO NOT STAND FOR THIS MISTREATMENT. IF YOU SAW ANYTHING AT LOLLAPALOOZA PLEASE TELL SAMANTHA/DEV. THANK YOU.
Communicate: Talk about things, the good and bad. Build trusts. Be honest. Be faithful. Be there for one another. Make time for one another. Leave the past to the past, which include ex’s. Know that having arguments are normal. Know that you won’t always be happy. Don’t expect change. Appreciate the flaws. Appreciate each other. Become best friends. Lastly, love each other unconditionally.
I don’t think people realise how hard it is to re-discover the person you were before depression or even try to remember your own personality
and if you’ve had depression since early childhood you don’t even know if you have your own personality
you didn’t have time to be a person before depression
and it’s scary having no idea who you are